Frost Grave Retinue????

If you have been following for a while then you know I have been tinkering with soldiers with this colour scheme. I have the D&D Fighter and Squire from Other World Miniatures, some Saxon Thegns (Gripping Beast) and some Fireforge Games Militia with crossbows.

Seeing the Frostgrave game at the North Star stand yesterday made me think I might have made a band for this game before seeing the game!


Seeing the photo I might have to address the bases.


 These fellas look pretty good together.


 I finished this chap tonight, I have used purple shade under the eyes to try and give a tired look to his face.


These guys also got done tonight (heavy rain stops me varnishing and static grassing so they are Dave done!).


And the Saxons from the other day. On a tip from Paint Pig on the Lead Adventure Forum I have purchased Saxon Miniatures Huscarls to add to this.

Hopefully this post is bright enough to stop Jim moaning about under coated miniatures.
And I also hope Ubique Matt likes what I have done with his colour scheme!

Comments

  1. Very nice paint job mate, especially the dude without a helmet, shame its sooooo boring though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop it, Stevo's mini soldiers is a broad church!

      Delete
  2. Excellent looking retinue. If you want to make the chap holding his helm look really knackered you could give him a five o'clock shadow using black, brown or even blue ink wash.

    PS I think the Arms of Gwynedd have a better claim to the colour scheme than I do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was toying with it but got a bit nervous!

      It may have been their colour scheme but it was only by reading your blog that I found out about it!

      Delete
  3. Too many men, unless the knight and squire are going to be your Wizard and apprentice.
    You can have up to eight followers plus wizard and apprentice, so ten in total.

    They look very nice though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I have painted too many nice soldiers. I suspect from the points list you showed me that war bands will be 5 or 6 strong unless someone tries to swamp you with thugs! Anyway this could be the start of some out of time army, battling across space and time to return home.............

      Delete
  4. Excellent job, they look great, armors and faces especially...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Phil, I am chuffed with the squire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic!!!
    Truly amazing painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That knight really has the look of a rag-tag brigand baron with his mix of armour from different periods. Very fitting for a leader or, in the case you are going to add wizard and apprentice, second-in-command of an adventuring party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The otherworld miniatures are designed for D&D but can go in anywhere. I have pre- ordered Frostgrave so will definitely add a Wizard and apprentice at some point!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment